SQL Database Administrator | iGaming
- iGaming company
- Highly professional and ambitious team
- Microsoft Technology Stack
A young company set up by veterans in the iGaming industry is currently looking for a Database Administrator to join their vibrant team. With years of experience behind us, we take pride in being an innovative company with big ideas. The successful candidate will have a background as a Database Administrator, but also exposure to Microsoft SQL Server Database Development. This will include standard database administration areas such as security, backup/restore, configuration management, performance tuning, and High Availability/clustering.
As the SQL Database Administrator, you will be joining a cross-functional team who are passionate about technologies and driving the success of global online financial platforms. Working in an agile environment, you will be working alongside other developers focusing on a highly transactional database and developing functionality using new technologies.
– Identifying and correcting performance issues, reviewing systems and error logs, storage management, backups, job monitoring, optimization efforts, data integrity analysis and resolving database contention issues
– Supporting development efforts including specifying requirements, developing test plans, setting up test environments including generating test data and data migration, creating/modifying tables, views, stored procedures, and triggers, developing ad-hoc queries and reports
– Willingness to learn business intelligence and maintain our current business intelligence infrastructure.
– Designing database schemas and managing object permissions and accesses
– You will have a well-rounded background in the principles of software design and implementation
– Proficiency in a broad array of technical skills including, operating systems, networking, databases, data structures, and commercial application development
– Ability to work with large complex systems and develop new enhancements
– Develop design specifications, author internal documentation and participate in the review of these documents
– Self-motivated and proactive with the needs of the systems
– Liaise with the network/system administrators and software developers.
– 3 years minimum SQL Server experience with a strong relational database background
– 5+ years (total) software/DB experience
– Excellent performance tuning and optimization skills
– Excellent T-SQL Skills
– Experience with Fail-over clustering
– Experience with hardware infrastructure sustaining database environment.
– Experience with SSAS / SSIS / ETL is a plus.
– Worked in a very large database environment
– Solid experience with disaster recovery methods and capacity planning
– Windows 2008 / 2012 Server and SQL Server 2005 / 2008 / 2012 experience
Renumeration: Euro 50,000 – 55,000 gross year (depending on experience) + Benefits + Relocation package
For more information, contact Anya Malyarova confidentially on 00356 2034 1525 or email your CV firstname.lastname@example.org
I specialise in recruiting QA, BI & Data Science professionals, if you wish to discuss this or other related opportunities, please feel free to contact me
About Archer – Archer is a Specialist IT Recruitment Consultancy based in Dublin, Ireland and Malta